International Open Competition For creative Youth from St. Petersburg and Finland “For the St. Petersburg – Finland Friendship Monument”
The Committee for City Planning and Architecture, LLC “Technopolis - Saint-Petersburg” with participation of LLC "JurInvestStroy" have a pleasure to invite creative youth from St. Petersburg and Finland to take part in the Open International Competition “For the St. Petersburg – Finland Friendship Monument”.
The competitive project objectives are the follows:
- to create expressional architectural image, original technically which is fitted the concept of the monument
- to layout the part of the park which is surrounded the Russian-Finnish friendship monument
- to envisage design and functional links between the Monument and adjacent city areas
- to offer design of a monument proper by its scale and plastic qualities
- to create professional presentation
The characteristic of a competition project site
The territory offered for the monument is located in the central of the park zone near the building «PULKOVO TECHNOPOLIS» at address: Pulkovskoe shosse 30/4, the Moscow area, a site 2 (the Leningrad party)
General information on competition:
The competition is opened to:
- qualified young architects or sculptors or creative groups, designers and city planners from St-Petersburg and Finland (not older than 35 years)
- students being educated as architects, sculptors, designers or city planners in universities, colleges and institutes from St-Petersburg and Finland.
- the application form should be filled and sent to the Executive secretary not later than July, 26th, 2010 by e-mail or by fax.
- reception of the competitive documentation and initial materials till July, 30th, 2010
- dead line for competitive works September, 15th, 2010 at 17.00.
Bonus fund of competition:
I place - 5 000 euros + a trip for two persons to Finland or St.-Petersburg for 2 days, including placing in hotel, transport expenses (train) and a supper.
II place – 2 500 euros,
III place - 1 000 euros.
Description of competitive design:
1. Explanatory note, maximum 3 pages A4 of text including basic idea of the project, materials, architectural, constructive and engineering decisions;
2. General plan of the Square, where the monument will be placed, with proposals on planning concept and landscape arrangement of the area, scale 1:500;
3. Facades and perspective view or photomontage for the choice of the author;
4. Model in a soft material (M 1:10) ( according to the choice of the author);
5. The personal competition participant (participants) information such as a surname, a name, number of the bank account, full nameplate data, a home address and phones should be presented in the sealed envelope.
Initial materials to be submitted to the competition participants:
The organizer of competition
- St. Petersburg Government Committee for City Planning and Architecture
Division on Architectural Competitions and Exhibitions
Tel: +7(812) 710 4573
Fax +7 (812) 710 4573
The co-ordinator of competition
- LLC “JurInvestStroy”
The customer of competition
- LLC «Technopolis - St.-Petersburg»
The executive secretary of competition
Bolgova Alevtina Nikolaevna, LLC "JurInvestStroy",
Address: Sadovaja, d.8/7, pom.2, St.-Petersburg, 191144
Tel. (812) 315-40-60, 8-905-202-63-38
Fax (812 570-51-43